For a really short amount of time pCloud has improved and created many easy to use and efficient features. So we decided to remind you and give you ideas how to use pCloud to it’s fullest. Here are 10 things you can do with pCloud just out of the top of our heads.
- Backing up your photos, videos and files from all your devices in one highly-secured place. We are a cloud storage service after all.
- You can easily back up all of your social media photos and videos – Facebook, Instagram and Picasa backups are now available. And more is coming!
- For all the blog writers out there we managed to create the useful tool for your WordPress blog. You can schedule hourly or daily back ups and you’ll never have to worry about your texts again.
- Access your most important files even if your mobile device is offline – just mark them as a favorite and use them on any device, anywhere in the world.
- Take full advantage of the remote upload from other sites. Just paste the file’s link and save it to your account. The file is yours and safe in pCloud forever
- You spent New Year’s Eve with a group of friends and you don’t know how to exchange photos? Not a problem – just create a folder and generate an upload link. Share it with your friends and all of them can upload the photos from the party directly to your pCloud account.
- Your friend e-mailed you the best workout video and you want to try it by yourself? That’s easy, just upload it to your pCloud account and you can access it from you mobile device when you’re at the gym. No excuses for a good workout now!
- For our Android users we have a delightful and constantly improving audio player. Listen to your favorite music on the go. Remeber, like the other files, if you mark any audio file as a favorite, it will be available to you even if your device is not connected to the Internet.
- You don’t have to worry about the security of your files or your privacy. All your files are copied and stored on at least three server locations in highly-secured data center with 24 hour surveillance.
- You can get up to 20GB of free space. Your free account starts with 10GB and you can work your way up to 20GB by completing our bonus steps and inviting your friends.
We all know that hacks, deletes and errors happen everyday. No one is secure. But the moment you’ve signed up to pCloud, you’ve got an instant peace of mind that your files are safe and secure. And now we will boost your feeling even more.
We’ve got some new features related to backup. Social Media Backups!
Backing up all your Facebook, Instagram and Picasa photos and videos to pCloud is the smartest thing you can DO. Nobody wants to lose the precious holiday memories or pictures and videos of good times with friends. If anything bad happens to your social stuff, you will always have a backup copy stored in your pCloud account.
With pCloud your online data is backed up on a regular basis. And don’t forget that once your files are backed up, you can easily share them with anyone or access them on any device, anywhere in the world.
Oh, we almost forgot. Each back up earns you 500MB free space.
We’ve got some pretty good news for all fans of WordPress.
Let’s say that you might want to back up your WordPress website with all files and media. But you don’t know If that’s possible. Our great devs have prepared a Christmas gift for all WordPress fans. A gift that can’t be unwanted.
Let us introduce you to the WordPress Backup to pCloud plugin!
The WordPress Backup to pCloud plugin is a cool and user-friendly plugin that will back up all your WordPress files and media in a snap.
It’s been created to backup your blog and its data, regularly. You can even choose a day, the time and how often you wish your WordPress website to be backed up to your pCloud!
Once installed on WordPress, the authorization is one step process:
*When you first access the plugin’s options page, it will ask you to authorize the plugin with pCloud.Type your email and password and press the button.
Hello pCloud fans!
Our team get asked a lot how to get more free space in your pCloud. We realized that all users start using pCloud with only 10GB space, but often they need more and more over time.
That’s why we’ve created a bunch of free ways to get more space. Here is our ‘Get More Space’ Guide.
If you are new to pCloud, you should try out a few things.
We’ve got some pretty good news for all fans of the mobile apps. While many things will feel familiar, we hope you will notice one small feature that makes a pretty big difference in the Android and iOS applications.
Let us introduce you to the Activity screen!
In few words…
Let’s say that you might decide to do some uploads and downloads in a short period of time. Or even to favorite some files. After a minute you got confused because you don’t remember which task you did.
The Activity screen solves that problem.
It is the place where you can track the progress of all your background tasks. It is located on the top of the files’ list.
You can see and manage all running tasks – pause, cancel or prioritize them.
Isn’t that helpful?
And here’s the iOS app..
pCloud is getting better every day and we’ve got plenty of info that we would love to share with you.
So, where should we start?
We suppose that you are mostly interested in our Windows and Mac clients.
As you already know, the Windows client is currently in BETA and our developers are doing their best to provide you with the Release. The Mac client is being tested extensively at the moment.
Some of you have been asking for a newsletter regarding the pCloud updates. Within a few days a subscription form will be available. Feel free to subscribe in order to stay up to date with the latests pCloud news.
pCloud has been around already for 2 months and today we are happy to announce the birth of our company blog.
Our team will be making posts here in order to keep you up to date on the product features and updates.
You’ll also be happy to hear that two days ago pCloud won the Best BG Website Award in 2013.
Currently we have thousands of users coming to pCloud every day.
We know that some of you are very impatient about multilingual translation and I don’t blame you. We can’t wait to get pCloud translated into your native languages.
Stay tuned because there’s a lot more to come!
Till next time,